Rosacea can be one of the most frustrating and embarrassing skin conditions. It occurs mostly on the face and causes redness along with bumps that look like acne but aren’t. Your doctor can help with medications that will help soothe this condition, but there are also other things you can do that might help.
If you’re tired of your red, irritated skin, then here are 4 tips for soothing rosacea from your compounding pharmacy, Perth.
What is Rosacea
Before you learn how to alleviate rosacea, you need to know what it is. Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes redness and bumps anywhere on the face. You may also get redness on the neck and chest, which is less common.
Over time, you may also notice broken blood vessels showing through your skin, which can swell up. Rosacea can also cause issues like:
- Burning or stinging skin
- Enlarged pores
- Patches of rough skin
- Skin bumps, particularly on the eyelids
- Eye problems like pain, redness, or swelling
- A swollen, bulb shaped nose
- Broken blood vessels on the eyes
The cause of rosacea isn’t known, though it’s thought that issues like genetics, mites, bacteria, and blood vessel issues may play a role.
4 Tips for Soothing Rosacea
If you’re ready to do something about your skin condition, then here are some tips that can help:
1. Talk to your doctor
There’s no need to suffer in silence. Your doctor can help alleviate the redness of rosacea with topicals or medications. They may also suggest procedures that can help like:
- Lasers to get rid of swollen blood vessels
- Electrocautery, which uses electric currents to zap damaged blood vessels.
- Dermabrasion to sand off the top layer of skin
Start keeping a journal of your rosacea symptoms. This will help you identify what triggers flareups so you can avoid them. Common triggers for rosacea are:
- Hot or spicy foods and drinks
- Hot or cold weather
- Hot baths
- Certain medications
3. Look after your face
When you have rosacea, it’s really important that you look after your entire face. This means:
- Using sunscreen when you’re outside
- Moisturising regularly
- Staying indoors when the sun is particularly strong
- Massaging your face gently in a circular motion moving outwards from the middle
- Using only gentle skin products
- Using an eyelid cleaner to clean your eyelids every day
- Putting warm compresses on your eyes a few times a day if they get sore
- Talking to a doctor or counsellor if your skin condition is causing emotional distress
4. Talk to your compounding pharmacy in Perth
Your compounding pharmacy in Perth can help with your rosacea symptoms. At Kiara Pharmacy, we focus on the personal approach to health and wellness, which is why we offer compounded medications.
Compounding allows us to mix or change ingredients so that they better suit your body and your condition. This allows us to create treatment solutions for rosacea that are:
- Free from ingredients that may irritate your skin
- Made using the specific combination of ingredients that your skin needs
- Filler and additive free
- Gentle on the skin
- Intensely moisturising without being heavy or oily
At Kiara Pharmacy, we also have a range of natural herbal preparations known as Jilani’s Products that can help with conditions like rosacea. Talk to one of our pharmacists today about these gentle but effective remedies.
You don’t need to suffer when you have rosacea. With the help of your doctor and Kiara’s compounding pharmacy in Perth, you can find remedies that work to soothe your condition and give you smooth, calm skin again. Talk to our expert staff at Kiara Pharmacy about compounded remedies for your skin condition today.