Teething time can be a very traumatic period for parents and baby. Between the crying, the sleep disruptions, and the general distress, it can be very stressful for everyone. But your compounding pharmacy in Perth can help with that with natural, gentle remedies that soothe your baby’s discomfort.
Here’s how to alleviate or eliminate the symptoms of teething with compounded medications from your friendly local pharmacist.
What is Teething?
If you’re a parent, then you probably already know what teething is. Teething is when your baby’s first teeth start coming through and it usually starts at around 6 months of age. But the reality isn’t as simple as that. Teething can be very distressing for you and your baby.
Your baby can’t talk, so can’t tell you that something hurts or feels bad. That’s why you may notice these kinds of symptoms when your baby is teething:
- Flushed cheeks
- Fussiness or crying
- A slight fever
- Red swollen gums
- Finger or fist sucking
- Pulling the ear on the same side as the erupting tooth
Most problems associated with teething will go away on their own. However, you should call your doctor when you notice:
- Symptoms other than those above
- A fever in a baby younger than 3 months
- A fever above 40°C in a baby who’s older than 3 months but younger than 2 years
Teething Relief with Kiara Pharmacy
At your compounding pharmacy in Perth, we understand that sometimes, commercially available teething remedies just aren’t enough. They can be:
- Filled with potentially harmful additives and fillers
- Not tailored to your child’s overall condition
- Filled with ingredients that your child is allergic too
- Hard to apply
- Bad tasting
- Ineffective at soothing your child’s pain
These issues are why we take the personal approach with compounding, which allows us to mix or alter ingredients in a medication to better suit your baby. We offer a range of compounded products for infants and children, including teething and colic remedies.
Using compounded medications allows us to create remedies that are:
- Made using as many active and effective ingredients as possible
- Safe and gentle
- Easy to use
- Better tasting
- Tailored to your baby, their complaint, and their overall health
- Free of fillers
- Free of anything that your baby is allergic to
Don’t settle for commercially available medications when you can try remedies that are safe, natural, and made especially for your baby. At Kiara’s compounding pharmacy in Perth, we believe in the personal, targeted approach to every problem including the pain and discomfort of teething.
Talk to one of our staff at Kiara Pharmacy today about our specially formulated teething remedies.