Do you suffer from the itchy, flaky skin of dermatitis? This very common problem causes skin rashes and irritation and can make you feel extremely self-conscious. It can also be annoyingly itchy!
Medications are the most common way to treat this irritating skin problem, but sometimes they aren’t enough. This is when you should turn to your compounding pharmacy, Perth.
A compounding pharmacist can help design an individual dermatitis treatment plan that offers relief for you or your loved ones. With this in mind, let’s take a look at how to improve your dermatitis with compounded medications.
What is Dermatitis?
Dermatitis is basically a type of skin irritation that occurs in adults as well as in children and infants. There are 3 common types of dermatitis called atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, and seborrheic dermatitis.
Dermatitis isn’t contagious but it does look unsightly and feels even worse. If you have this skin condition, you may experience symptoms like:
- Dry skin
- Flaking skin
- Thickened skin
- Hair follicle bumps
Dermatitis can have a variety of causes, from infections to stress, genetics, immune system problems, and contact with irritants. The skin problems on their own aren’t dangerous, but if you scratch then the sores can become infected and scar. The symptoms can also be extremely irritating!
Dermatitis has no cure. It’s a chronic condition that needs to be managed through medications and lifestyle. This is why a compounding pharmacy in Perth can be such a powerful tool in the fight against skin conditions.
A conventional dermatitis treatment plan will consist of medications like:
- Antihistamines for the itch
- Corticosteroids to reduce inflammation
- Moisturizers and emollients to improve skin quality
- Antibiotics to fight infection
- Calcineurin inhibitors for severe cases of inflammation
- Anti-anxiety medication when antihistamines don’t relieve the itch
However, there are also alternative medicine therapies and remedies that can help such as:
- Aloe vera
- Colloidal oatmeal
Compounding Medications for Dermatitis
Each dermatitis case is different and will respond to different treatments. This is why every person with dermatitis needs a personalised treatment plan. Pharmaceutical compounding is the best way to design and supply that kind of individualised treatment plan.
Your compounding pharmacy in Perth can work with your dermatologist to design a customised medication plan. This plan can be designed specifically for your body and your type of dermatitis. It can include both conventional medications and alternative remedies if that’s what works best.
A dermatitis treatment plan created by compounding medications is:
- Convenient, as it will usually come in one combined treatment rather than several
- Safe for both adults and children
- Cost effective, as you only have to pay for one prescription
- Effective, as it uses ingredients that aren’t available in mass-produced treatments
- Custom created using specialised ingredients that are designed for your type of dermatitis
- Less likely to cause side effects or able to be adjusted to avoid any side effects that you experience
So, there really is no reason not to talk to your compounding pharmacist about your dermatitis treatment plan.
Dermatitis shouldn’t be an annoying and unsightly problem that you just have to live with. Instead, talk to your compounding pharmacy in Perth about an individual treatment plan that may help give you relief.
Talk to one of our knowledgeable staff today at Kiara Pharmacy for personalised compounding solutions.